“How might we make good decisions?”
Facilitated by Aaron, Cloud and Joe
- Decisions are integral part in product work - They drive the product and the organization.
- The role of a product management is to be able to make sure we arrive at the right decisions.
- Good decisions are a balance of quick and informed decisions - made for the good of all.
- Know first how important the decision you have to make (e.g. Amazon’s Type 1 and 2 Framework)
- Build high level of confidence in what you are deciding on - have good understanding and knowledge of your decision’s context
- Decide quickly - we derive less value from decisions made later
- Importance, information and time are interrelated. Truly important decisions needs the most information and time for confidence. Most decisions are not important and benefit from agility
- Good decision making entails decisions to be fast, not essentially perfect.
- Be mindful about the importance the decision you have to make.
- If the decision is LESS IMPORTANT, THEN IT SHOULD NOT BE IN YOUR HEADSPACE
- If it is important, THEN YOU HAVE TO DO THE HOMEWORK